Quote:

Hello,
I'm still confused. I know the effect of capo on guitar.
But, first, I don't remember how to find the correct key for this piece of music starting from the guitar chords. If someone would give me a little lesson about that it will help me for the beginning.
The second point is that I would like to keep the chords with capo on the second fret for the guitar track. Because, if I play a D with capo on 2nd fret, counting -2, it is a C but it doesn't sounds the same!
How to say to BIAB that I don't want the "classical" C chord for that track only but an other?
Thanks for your help.
FB

if your capo is on the 2nd fret, and the 1st position chord you are playing would normally be a "D" without the capo, then you are actually playing an E chord because the capo raises the pitch of what you're playing 2 frets (a whole step)

The number you enter in OPT>PREFERENCES>DISPLAY>TRANSPOSE (-2) is basically saying that the chord sheet will show the chords 2 frets lower than the actual key of the song. If you move the CAPO UP this number goes DOWN by the same value.

Hope that explanation answers the question you wanted answered. If not, keep asking. We're patient.

PS: The actual key of the song has more to do with the sharps and flats that are required for the melody than it has to do with the chords...but as a general rule, the last chord in the song often indicates the key of the song.