OK, you found the checkbox and it still doesn't work? First suggestion, even though this is a new install, is to do Opt., Return to Factory Settings.

Second suggestion is a workaround. Start the song with a blank first bar, like "C.". If 4 beats is too long a wait, use F5 and shorten the number of beats.

Third suggestion is to freeze the song and email it to PG Music Support (assuming no one else comes up with a fix).

By the way, I'm assuming you were just shipped the program, but if not, make sure you have updated to Build #365.

As far as the part marker, I thought it has always been the case that you can't remove the part marker on the first bar (although you can make it a B/green substyle). I'm really surprised you were able to do so. When I get back to BIAB, I want to try this again.

Good luck!

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors