I love the new feature in BiaB to copy/move midi tracks to the standard BiaB tracks. It makes it really easy to create convincing covers of popular songs to play along with. There are, however, a couple of things to be aware of when doing this.

Make sure you do any deleting or copying of bars while the midi file is still intact on the melody track. Once you move any parts to BiaB standard rracks you cannot do this easily (I made a wishlist request to fix this issue).

Move any midi data you want to assign to a BiaB track to the soloist first. This way you can remove any midi patches and other control commands using the event editor. Once you move the data to a BiaB track your only option will be the piano roll window and some things are harder to do that way.

Watch out for duplicate channel assignments. If a bass part in the midi is assigned to a channel other than 2 (the BiaB bass assignment) it opens up the possibility that conflicts might occur. Rechannel any midi assigned to the same channel as the BiaB track (note; this shouldn't be necessary but I did have a couple of issues and this cleared it up).

I hope these tips help you make the best use of this great new BiaB feature.

BiaB 2013 b366, RB 2013 b4, WinXP Pro SP3, Toshiba M70, 1.8GHz 2GB RAM 100GB HD. Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, Ketron SD2.BiaB Wiki