I was typing (i'm very slow) in Word, and trying to find a Motif Manual and confirm settings but Richard seems to have this one

Once you figure out how to set it up in Performance mode (which as he said only has only 4 parts) you can then tackle/set it up in "song" mode and get 16 parts (all 16 midi channels - even though BIAB doesn't use that many). I was typing and trying to find a Motif Manual to confirm info btu Richard seems to have this one

I have a Motif XS7, and had a ES7 - while the GM bank is "ok" I never really use it or those sounds - the Motif sounds are a lot better than the GM set supplied but you have to select those better sounds for each BIAB instrument (preferably from a BIAB .PAT file or manually on Motif itself)

There is no GM "mode" on any Motif (like there is on most Roland, Alesis and other gear or dedicated GM modules like a Sound Canvas or Ketron SD2)
The MOTIF rack is SIMILAR but there is no "multi-mode" you have a song mode so this link is just given to aid you how to think about it

http://faq.yamaha.com/us/en/article/musi...for_gm_playback

I can't seem to download any PDF files form the Yamaha Support site (something over there is screwed up) so I can't check the details of the Motif verses the XS (but they are probably the same) but again I think Richard will help here _ I also have to get off and do other work I'll check back later

GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 01/09/13 06:01 PM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20