Hey G,

What a warm and friendly response. It triggered a memory of an ancient LP album - I think it was on Prestige, with two cats on the cover, each with an arm over the others' shoulder like best pals. I can't remember who they were, but the name of the album was "My Main Man!" In today's world such a picture might carry serious orientation implications.

I followed up on your recommendations and as someone who has never been a big Mel Torme fan (my "main persons" are Arthur Prysock, Johnny Hartman and Carmen McRae) I must say that I was impressed by Mel's ability as an improviser. He sings convincing bop lines with impeccable intonation, breath control and articulation.

I once read a review on Pops' singing that went something like, "Louis sings great ideas, has perfect intonation and a crummy voice. You got a problem with that?" I got the third one down pat, and am currently working hard at the first two.

With kind regards,

Aleck

Sweetwater Creation Station. BIAB 2018, Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio, Izotope Nektar 2, Ozone 8, KEYBOARDS: Kurzweil Artis 7, Crumar MOJO, Hammond XK-3, BASSES (fretted & fretless by Ibanez, LTD, Warwick. GUITARS by Guild, Gretsch, Ibanez, Eastwood (12 string)