Jazz is alive and doing well in the D.C. area. You can find smooth jazz to avant garde around here. I play middle-of -the-road jazz at a well known hotel that features different kinds of music on a regular basis. There are at least two schools for the arts in D.C. They have very good student big bands that play around the area, even Blues Alley. Then there are the Military Bands, full of outstanding jazzmen and women. Most of the upscale restaurants have solo jazz pianists or duos working. You need to check out more of this forum and you'll see that there are quite a few jazzmen here. You probably know this already but all the vocals of "Moody's Mood For Love" are words put to his improvisation on "I'm In The Mood For Love" back in the late '40s or early 50s. His solo is neither chaotic or noodling. Anyone with a decent ear can tell that he's cooking on the changes! He even sang it himself on gigs after words were put to it. Later, Ray

Asus Q500A i7 Win 10 64 bit 8GB ram 750 HD 15.5" touch screen, BIAB 2017, Casio PX 5s, Xw P1, Center Point Stereo SS V3 and EWI 4000s.