Rob,

I have finally started working on this. Today I simply just listened through the tracks one by one.

I hear a couple of issues with the raw tracks:

1. The Bass and Guitar tracks are simply dead above about 3 kHz. I can fix that to some extent.

2. The drums sound 'smeared'. Here is what probably happened. The RT is native at probably 20-30 BPM higher than what you used. This means that in order to use it at the BPM that you are using it, one of two things have to happen: The time stretch algorithm breaks up the track into very small chunks and stretches those chunks, sometimes by repeating them, so that they will map into the BPM of the song. 2. The RT has position markers for each dynamic event and these position markers are re-mapped into the slower BPM. This usually sounds better, but if there is a big difference in the BPM, then it will be distasteful because gaps form in the RT.

I think #1 happened with this track.

What is the RT's native BPM? WHat is the BPM of the song?

Bottom line - A different RT is going to be needed for the drums. A good portion of what I hear as 'mud' is this smeared drum sound. The snare simply doesn't have any snap any more. This can't be fixed with EQ. I have some country drum loops that might be usable but I need to know the precise BPM of the song in order to try them out.

-Scott