I'm a bit of a freak for House, M.D.

Long story.

Anyway, here's a page of resources comprising websites about every aspect of the show. Music is midway down. Tunefind.com is the site I have used to learn about the striking pop music used in the show, in particular the theme, a remix of Massive Attack's "Teardrop".

Interestingly, several episodes are based on musicians. In the episode you cite, the only music credit given is Louis Armstrong playing "What A Wonderful World", which you would certainly recognize.

You note that he 'actually plays an LP'; did you notice that a turntable mfr is in the product list at the end of the program?

Here's my question. While I know that Hugh Laurie is fully capable of playing any keyboard part which he is shown doing, it is sometimes clear that what we are hearing is a sampled or effected piano. But does anyone know if Mr Laurie actually plays the guitar? Dr House is often portrayed playing a Flying V, Les Paul, Strat, or other vintage honey--but only rarely through an amp, even though we hear distorted guitar lines.

R.

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."