Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
I can watch vids all day long but producing one? No clue.

There's a big thread on Keyboard Corner about this and the guys there said the same thing Mac said earlier. It's easily done with a good HD camera with XLR inputs for sound so it just plugs into your mixing board or you use high quality mics. Those cameras start at $700-$1,000 so I stopped thinking about that. If you're able to do it for cheap, that's fantastic.

Bob

Bob,
do you have any kind of camcorder or web cam? even a cheap one?
In the same sense that none of us has a $100,000 recording studio but we still crank out songs that are "pretty good", it's possible to make a video that's "pretty good" without dropping a truckload of cash.

With an abundance of free and/or low cost video editing software available, it's not cost prohibitive to jump in and start experimenting. Don't worry about spending ANY money until the free stuff that's already available starts to hold you back.

Did you happen to watch Jo's video? I don't think she used anything but her family's camcorder and an entry level paid version of a software that also has a free version... and it turned out great!

You're a smart guy. Most of this software is fairly intuitive, you'll figure it out with a small time investment.