Hi guitarman;
I know it is not nylon in this case.

Powderman;
I do not use an amp, I go directly in to the board.

Ryz;
Very interesting. I expected a big explaination on effects, but you went another direction. The guitar itself. Makes perfect sense. Right now I have a Fender acoustic, and a Yamaha (that I traded an ovation for, didn't like all the plastic). The Yamaha came with a bridge mounted pickup. I don't know how to tell if it is the kind of which you speak. I also added another one. Don't recall the brand, but it was round, about the size of a quarter. I found the sweet spot, and stuck it on the inside at the same place. Sometimes I run two cords and mix them for some pretty good sounds. I have always used Martin Marquis strings, fresh. I had a great Takamine 12 string, but sold it. Dum move. . . Maybe I will start by getting the Yamaha into the guitar tech, and have him work it over. Then at least that end of things would be covered. I have all the usual effects, and can put them in any order, if I want to break the usual audio chain theory, even parallel with stereo out. I swear, sometimes just knowing what to add, and how much is an art on to itself.

Gene