I get myself in trouble everytime i weigh in on these things but here goes.

The problem with continuing down the path of adding into BiaB all these things that typical DAWs have like multitracks,Multiple VSTi, kitchen sinks (kidding really) is that it will end up like so many of the other programs out there. Spend 15 minutes on the cubase/sonar/logic/protools forums and you will see that they have grown to the point where they are buggy on so many systems.

When you take into consideration that every system out there is setup slightly different, it takes a lot of work to make a program "universal" BiaB is not sonar/cubase/etc you say. And you are absolutely right, no it is far different, and does 6 dozen things that those programs don't do, If you were to add all the features of Sonar per se to BiaB I would venture a bet that we would go through most likely a three or better year period of heartache. The forum would overflow with threads about how it crashes my system, blows up my car, eats my cat! you name it. Why do I say this, because those other program suffer from these very post.

Now most will at this point say well i just want one thing added! well once again you are right, but there are 3 dozen request for major features during the course of a years time. We all have sat right here and seen folks beg for this program to have so many features, that frankly darned near sank other programs like Sonar.

Now i agree that foward progress should continue, but my hope is mostly in refinement of the already in place system, and in the development of better more efficient tools for the in place stuff like super midi tracks, RTs, Rd, Artist performance tracks, loops and such.

If we want to see PG really develop a recording and VSTI/VST/Plugin rich environment please let that happen in RB. It was and always will be a DAW first , and auto-accompaniment tool second. We can add all the VSTi we want, and it seems they are headed in the direction of adding better automation tools, and if they would now concentrate on really upgrading the VST coding in the software (remember this was a DX based program just a short while ago) this system would be really unbelievable.

David, i hear ya brotha' We buy stuff because it works for us, but let's not lose sight of the fact if it is a bad thing for the majority it will set the development in backwards motion.

Anywho, I say none of this to in anyway discount anyone else's view, but I am sure none of us want this program to suffer the path of some of the other Big names out there.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.