Thanks Phil for the very informative reply to my post. I do have a lot to learn about all this. Yes I will try and take my time absorbing it all. I won't expect too much knowledge too fast on it all. This little bit of info helps. It all adds up. This all takes a lot of understanding. I don't know how it all works yet but it is good to know my Roland Interface has the ASIO VS DRIVERS to help me record with high quality and playback also. I didn't know this.

I am baffled how I lost my Stereo Mix though. I have had Stereo Mix for years. Lost it on occasion because of some glitch. I would have to re-install the Sound Driver. But this time is strange. Stereo Mix is there but it just won't work. The sound meter isn't moving showing any output. Yes I worked with the driver and installed it again. Nothing. I even resorted to reformatting and re-installing Windows 7. But still the same thing. No output on my Stereo Mix. This has to be a hardware failure of some kind. This has not happened to me. Let me know if you have heard of a RealTek On-Board sound failing to give output to Stereo Mix because of a hardware failure. Finally something just something blows out on it. Who knows what. Ok thought I would sneak in this Stereo Mix question since you sound very knowledgable

Thanks Sly