Paul have you googled free orchestra midi files? There are a lot of free midi files of orchestras that you might find useful as a starting point for your music. Also google using a computer keyboard as a midi keyboard for information on this. I’m not sure if this will help but it may be what you can use.

Also again don’t overlook the fact that you can use BiaB generated string parts using better string sound sets. I have generated one string track and saved it to my DAW then I generated another string set and save that to my DAW. In my DAW I have raised or lowered octaves on selected notes or parts and/or changed parts to better fit the song. I have also written some additional parts, shorten or lengthen notes, change articulations etc.

You can do all this in the piano roll view. However for direct input you would need some kind of MIDI controller so be sure to check out the computer keyboard thing I mentioned if you can’t get a MIDI keyboard at this time.

Good luck and I hope this helped.

My goal this weekend is to move just enough each day so that no one pokes me to see if I'm dead or not.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware