Originally Posted By: rockstar_not
All duly noted.

I've never bought into expensive cable. I'm a bulk-lamp-cord guy from long ago for speaker cable. I learned that from the choir director I worked for as a volunteer back in the 80's.
I made many long run speaker cables for our concerts with an old gun style soldering iron, bulk brown lamp cord and 1/4" plugs that we always had on hand in our old GMC 4104 and 4107 busses that we toured in.

Hmmm, speaker outputs are a whole different playing field. With outputs, we're almost always dealing with low impedance loads, and with PA systems often relatively high power levels are involved.

High power means high current, and if there is series resistance in the circuit (i.e. long lengths of lamp cord), there will be a corresponding voltage drop loss across the cable, resulting in less available power to drive the speakers.

Not saying that the lamp cord won't work, but it actually may be less than ideal in certain circumstances, especially 'long runs' to high power speaker systems.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Trevor

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones