Hi Al,

I'm late popping into the thread but that didn't stop me really enjoying the journey.

When I started your song playing, I had just opened a Mars bar. I don't know if you have them in the US so I've included a picture. Advertising describes this sweet as "soft nougat & creamy caramel covered in thick milk chocolate" - very unhealthy but mighty tasty smile

Anyway, right at this minute, I'm sitting here looking at my Mars bar, with its end bitten off, and thinking that the similarities between your music and what I'm holding in my hand are startling!

As "Bring Your Love to Me" flowed, it was like caramel to my ears – sweet, smooth and delicious. Equally tasty was the nougat accompaniment supporting, tantalising and complimenting the aural indulgence. And if that wasn't enough, all this was perfectly shaped and held together by a chocolaty smooth arrangement and production.

Very tasty songwriting!

All the best,
Noel

P.S. I've been slowly working my way through Pat Pattison's book, "Songwriting without Boundaries". The section I'm on at the moment is all about creating extended metaphors. I thought I'd use this opportunity to practice smile

Last edited by Noel96; 03/31/14 02:13 AM. Reason: heaps of typos to fix up!

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024