Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Scott,

I really like this. A solid write. I kept imagine a video of alligators singing (can you arrange that?).

The guitars are nice! the mix is good. And a good vocal. I don't think the drums are up to par with everything else. They sound programmed - and are distracting because of that. This is too good to allow that to happen. Hard for me to believe that a RealDrum wouldn't work better for this - there are so many to chose from.

Very enjoyable song.

floyd

Very pleased indeed, aside from the drums, that the mix is where it should be and that you like the song. I set the bass fairly high on this one:) I posted about the drums. I don't know that much about BiaB and RB...I just recently realized you could modify the RD's per measure - think it was in another post you were explaining to someone else. I'll revisit this with RD and see what I can do. I get impatient, write the song, record the song, edit, mix, post, next! Thank you Floyd, for all of your comments and suggestions.

Oh, regarding singing gators, watch for a video I'll link to in Off-Topic.

Originally Posted By: Kemmrich
Well put together tune, I think you got the sound you were after. I just read Floyd's comments on the drums -- yea, try a realdrum or two. Do you have a compressor on the main buss? I think you need one to "glue" everything together. Good tune and performance. The 1/2 speed RT's sound fine to me.

Thank you Kevin. Yeah, I am compressing the main bus, but not very much so perhaps it could stand some more squashing.