To Bob's point regarding listening audiences. I had to get a few years under my belt playing gigs before I understood that they are different types of audiences, very often all intermingled within the same crowd. Now I break them down into "three groups" but I am sure others may have variations on my filing system.

#1. The group no artist, musician or entertainer are not too crazy about, and that is the people who just want your music in the background to enhance, not interfere with nor overpower their conversations.

#2. Bob's favorites (and mine "sometime" also) the listeners, they like to hear every note, every chord change and every lick.

#3. The third are the dancers, they also like to hear every note, chord change and lick, with one caveat, they also like to feel them.

I guess with this stated I am neither a artist or an entertainer but more of a psychologist/social worker. Man and do I have fun doing it. Might even start carrying a couch to my gigs.

PS: And for what it's worth I am very happy that 99% of the time I either get the #2's and 3's a couple times a week.

Later,