Originally Posted By: BeelzeBob
I've been looking at the Scarlett for a while, so you've got me sold on that now. My Ketron SD2 will fit with it fine, correct?

I have KRK V4 monitors. I think they are giant-killers. But I would love Genelecs. I don't have a treated room, but I make a 'vocal booth' of sorts with futons. I won't go the Owens-Corning route cuz I got a somewhat green place. (I just learned about something called Applegate Cotton Acoustic Armor, gotta look into it.) I would love to get bass traps for the corners, and some panels.

It'll be hard pulling the money out of my wallet for a pricey plug-in bundle, but as Herb describes it, that sounds like exactly what I'm seeking. Sparkle, that's what I'm not hearing right now in my stuff. Just do it, I gotta tell myself.

Again, guys, terrific help!!

On the K-SD2.... I'm not familiar with that unit. I use all software based synths and all my sounds are in the samples. I would assume there is a way to make this work as it does connect with USB.... so it should work fine.

Monitors look OK but small.... they will do for now. No need to put them near the top of the gear list yet.

Sound treatment is fine if you can afford it, have a dedicated room, and your wife doesn't complain. My room is not treated. I use a spare room and it's also my business office and storage room. Carpet on the floor, acoustic ceiling, and furniture. And my wife insists that it remain a "normal" room.

Ozone: You can download a fully functional trial version (10 day trial) at this site: https://www.izotope.com/support/product-downloads/ozone-5/

However, be prepared at the end of that, if not sooner, to spring for the cost of the software unlock key....it sounds that good. Ozone is one of those things you will never regret buying.

Most of the tracks you record and the ones that get rendered out of BB & RB are raw waves. they sound OK but they lack definition. Ozone makes it easy to clarify the high end, and the bottom and everything in between. It's like watching a movie in B&W and then pushing a button and it becomes full color.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 09/15/14 06:32 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.