Another excellent, FREE, source for mixing is Play With Your Music. org . It is self paced and features the use of tracks to two of Peter Gabriel songs, Sledgehammer and In Your Eyes.

The course is divided into modules that teach techniques such as critical listening, figuring out song structure, recording techniques, etc. Each module has some excersises that help reinforce using and developing skills.

Since the course is self paced you can stay in one module as long as you desire so when you advance you really feel like you understand the information.

The online community is a good mixture of beginners, professional sound engineers, producers and mix engineers so whatever questions you have receive good answers.

I've taken the music production course Scott recommends and it is a great course. The six weeks fly by and you will be amazed at what you learn.

Play With Your Music is just as good but has a different focus. Introduction To Music is an introduction designed to get you started and realize the possibilities. Play With Your Music is more about how to approach and accomplish mixing.

Both courses offer essential information and compliment each other.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home