Originally Posted By: Skyline

Getting a MIDI file into Sonar:
Method (1) You have to use 'Open With' in Sonar and not 'Import'. I don't know why that is - MIDI even shows up as an option when you select 'Import'. So click 'Open With' and navigate to where your MIDI file is.
Method (2) If you've managed to save the MIDI file somewhere that you made from BIAB in a folder or on the desktop, try (with Sonar closed), right clicking on that file and choose 'Open with', then select SONARPDR.EXE, or if that's not showing on the list, follow 'Choose default program' and navigate to SONARPDR.EXE.

John

John, You can import a MIDI file in Sonar X3e. Click on a MIDI track then click on file/import/midi. I use this method most all of the time. When you use this method the MIDI file will loose it's tempo data and the file will use the existing Sonar tempo data.

If you want to keep the original MIDI tempo data you have to use your method #2.

You can also use BiaB's MIDI plugin drop and drag method, but I'm sure you already knew that.

You know you're getting old when a recliner and a heating pad is your idea of a hot date!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware