Thanks again for all the tips. Here's some feedback (I'm still in London but my business trip starts in the morning).

I researched tours of Abbey Road Studios and found it is hard to get in there if you are not recording or mastering. So I just went and took pictures and walked the crosswalk like all the other tourists. There's a post in this forum about a new article in the Atlantic about the studio and its history.

Last night, I got tickets for "Sunny Afternoon," a new musical based on the life and music of Ray Davis of the Kinks. I saw two pretty decent reviews and got a decent cheap ticket. I like the Kinks' music but I hated this show. It was like a high school play, like someone took a list of key events in Ray's life and found the closest match in his songs and went with the first draft. Bad acting, bad dialog, bad staging. The rock playing was OK. I was sorely disappointed to waste my Saturday evening on that instead of some real new music or something. Oh well.

Not a musical, but in the afternoon I saw an amazing play, "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time," based on a book I love [LINK] by Mark Haddon. It's the (fictional) story of a 15 year old boy who has something like Asperger's (this is never explicitly said but is pretty clear). He is a mathematically gifted but very difficult boy. I won't say more but both the book and the play are amazing. It is now also on Broadway. That play was worth the trip to me.

Thanks again,
Bruce

SoundCloud
Blog: Music of the Spheres
Tools: BIAB 2015, Sonar X3, various iPhone/iPad apps