Originally Posted By: Sundance
My favorite part of this is your vocal especially on "he looked at me with one closed eye". Cool inflection. Love the sweet sounding steel. Nice harmonies. Very pretty weaving of the instruments in your arrangement. I might have a bit less out front piano starting in that second chorus but subjective - I realize there's lots going there for the build.

Solid definitively FJ writing and production style. Painted a cool picture. (Except for those painful saddle sores LOL! I rode a lot in my teens - ouch.)

Josie

Thanks, cowgirl! A number of people of mention this vocal. Wish I knew what I did different....

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Floyd, Tom & Janice ...

What a great song! And the performance was equally wonderful. It was a real nice blend of the Tom's pedal steel with the fiddle. And as always, your vocal shines. This is a great collab and with Janice's vocal harmony, it "Merrits" every possible accolade! great stuff, for sure!

back in 2008, I wrote a poem called "The Last True Cowboy". As you might know, I'm a novelist and write a poetry. If you're interested, here's a link to it.

http://www.thenextbigwriter.com/posting/sideman/the-last-true-cowboy-11802

It's totally different than your song but expresses some similar thoughts.

Again, this is a fabulous song and production. Any time I click onto anything with your name on it, I know I'm going to be thoroughly entertained ... and I was! Di is napping but want me to pass on her greetings, too. best to you ...

Alan & Di

Alan - Appreciate all that...
"He doesn't have a sidekick
Never sang a cowboy song"
Nice.

Originally Posted By: Scottt709
Excellent tune. Kudos to all involved. Like a said in the past posts.These collaborations are simply awesome. Merry Xmas to you and your band :-)

Thanks, Scott - and Merry Christmas to you, too....