You need to record the MIDI into Real Band.

Read up on how that is done. I have never used RB for this purpose but I do this all the time in SONAR. I'm sure the principle is the same.

Record MIDI into a midi channel. The output of the midi channel needs to go to an audio channel with a synth in it running with a bass patch. When you press a note on the midi keyboard, you should hear the note come through the speakers.

At that point, you simply set up to record the midi channel and press the RECORD button.

My recent song called THe Caddy song was recorded that exact way..... I'm playing the bass with my midi keyboard in a live take.

Another option is to record the audio out from the keyboard if you like the bass patch it uses. No midi channels involved, just one audio channel set up to record that input.

There's more about softsynths on my website page on recording.... it will explain the details which you will need to adapt to Real Band. Read the help section on recording midi with real band AND using softsynths with real band.

NOTE EDIT: You should NOT have to enter notes one by one with your mouse...... you should be able to capture them in real time into a midi track as the song is playing.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 12/16/14 08:23 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.