I figured that was the implied reason for the post in the first place: just a continuation of the other uh,hmm… "discussion" thread about 32 bit BIAB.

1. What was said above by the JBrdige developer and allow me to quote the quote (and if the quote is wrong then it was first posters mistake):

"- No, this is not possible. jBridge can only use the RAM your OS can provide, therefore, a 64bit operating system is strongly recommended."

2. The above statement does NOT, in my simple minded opinion, contradict anything Peter said. I am not going back through the rat's nest of the previous thread to find other statements so I assume it was Peters statements you are thinking of? If not than mea culpa. But then again ONLY Peter's and PG's comments mean anything on the topic until users can definitively show that JBRIDGE, from within BIAB, CANNOT access more than 4 GB of softsynth instruments/samples. As an FYI, on my PC using ST3 and 64 BIT Kontatk5 (which is not a nice VSTi in the first place - it is the worst memory hog I run) and BIAB 2015 (v412) and JBRIDGE I can load and listen to more than 4GB's of sampled instruments in BIAB. I even mixed it up and used ALL ST3, ALL Kontack 5 and a mix each of ST3+Kontact5 I used those VSTi's because they have some large instruments in their library's and they let me see/know how much RAM is being used.

3. Here's what I THINK JBridge did say in those few words quoted above:

JBridge can only use the RAM (up to individual physical MoBo limit) that the OS (Win 7 64, Win 8 64, Win X,...) allows. And within those 64-bit OS allowances, which we all know is bigger than 4 GB, then JBridge , and JBRDIGE is all it said, can and should be able to access more than 4 GB (or 3.5 or whatever it is on each MoBo. Please, let' s not split hairs we'll just call it the 32 bit "wall" of 4 GB). Additionally, the JBridge developer goes on to say that a 64 BIT OS (again Win 7 64, win 8 64, Win X…) is recommended.

More precisely to my point, NOWEHERE does the JBridge developer make ANY claims, statements, assertions, assumptions about PG 32 bit BIAB or Cakewalks 32 bit version of Sonar 32, or any other mfg's 32 bit application - he was only talking about the OPERATING SYSTEM. He not only does not mention 32 bit APPLICATIONS, he makes no claims, statements, assertions, assumptions that those same applications cannot use JBridge to access as much memory as the OS allows, in spite of JBridges' instantiation being called up by a 32 bit application.

Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20