NO real help on your current issue but I also have ST 3. But note the HI-Q instruments are ST2 based.

Yea you can import HI-Q into ST3 and play them there, but when BIAB sees a HI-Q instrument in one of the tracks BIAB will then instantiate (run) a ST2 DXi to use the HI-Q instruments/sounds: ST3 will have no impact on it one way or other.

While we are here - and this is a FYI only: If/when YOU call up ST2 use the VSTi version NOT the DXi one (which seems to be the default - DXi) .

BIAB calling up the ST2 DXI to use for the HI-Q instruments seems to work fine. However, more than a few users, myself included, especially when using the GM add-on ST2 library Omni Synth 2, have had real BIAB stability (crashes) issues. Side note: over the years I've had more issues with DXi stuff (even outside BIAB) then VSTi stuff.

I had/have the free ST2, I also have and use full Total Workstation (FULL ST2 XL, full AmpliTube, full T-Racks) as well as ST3, (as well as all the other usual suspects full Kontact 5, Dim Pro, Rapture, Jamstix, AD 2, EZdrummer 2, ...)

Larry

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 12/17/14 10:11 AM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20