Today's DJs are different then the ones when I was in my teens. I did buy a DVD from DJ Tiesto (don't no how to put the tréma or diaresis above the e) for investigational reasons (just wanted to know what he does with music). The crowd even doesn't dance, the crowd just stands there. Even though he's "only" playing vinyl disks, he's, sort of, making live music. Changing records without missing a beat, mixing into the music several special effects... just incredible and creating a new experience. And he seems not to have a fixed playlist. He's searching for the next record like everybody else would, looking at one and putting it away again, taking the next one...

I used to work full time as a DJ once, but I was just more like Wolfman Jack, playing one record, then the next one, if I needed a pause for the cause, I'd put on Stars on 45.

I agree, music does not have the same significance that it had before music went digital. And musicians aren't digital. They are not compatible to the contemporary lifestyle.

Desktop; i7-2600k, 8 GB mem., Win 10 Pro, BIAB 2017; RB 2017 - latest build
Laptop: i5-2410M, 4 GB mem, Win 10 Pro, BIAB 2017; RB 2017 - latest build