I have been reading this thread with interest.
Music has changed so much in our lifetime. When I first bought BIAB I would NEVER have considered using loops and now they are included in 2015.

This is how music has changed in our lifetimes.
I found this article where Beyonce is compared to Freddie Mercury and this picture, from the article, says it all

The Beatles, then Queen, gave me inspiration to write songs and then came the song that was an influence for me to start recording and all to be done MY WAY laugh

John Miles: Music is my first love. 1976

We all should be grateful that we grew up with real music ranging from Big Bands, Jazz, Swing, Rock and Roll, Country,Blues etc. From Count Basie, Sinatra, Beatles, Stones, Queen,Led Zep etc and now we have "One Direction" and "Justin Bieber". mad mad

My Dad complained in the late '70's that all pubs with Jazz Bands had closed and now they had bands playing modern rubbish (my music LOL) Now I say the same.
My son was a Night Club Manager and had quest DJ's every weekend mixing tracks, using their computers, because that is what the punters wanted. They got £1000 a gig WHAT!!!! for mixing stuff, very clever but they are not musicians they are now technicians.

Us musician oldies are becoming extinct. cry
Just my thoughts

Alyn