Quote:
They got £1000 a gig WHAT!!!! for mixing stuff, very clever but they are not musicians they are now technicians.

They are both, musicians and technicians.

1. Musicians: They use THEIR version of Band-in-a-Box with RealTracks. They know what their RealTracks play, and how, and how fast.

2. Technicians: Most of the real life musicians are also technicians.
  • Almost nobody started in a band having a bunch of roadies and an FOH-mixing guy. We all, at lest the vast majority of us, had to set-up our equipment by ourselves, tune the instrument where applicable, connect the equipment...
  • Each and everybody of us had to learn scales, chords, and the connection of both; chops and licks and entire tunes to play.

I don't say I like that, but drawing crowds of 5 to 6 digits for several hours per set is at least impressive.
And, they improvise, they communicate with the masses, ...
Per se they are not much different than a marching band playing for the 684th time "Seventysix Trombones" using the same arrangement or a Dixieland band playing their "'s Tight Like That" or the club dance band reiterating "Country Roads" for the two-steppers.

It's all about what the customer wants.
It's all about that bass, no treble bills, no coins in the pocket of the organizer.

Desktop; i7-2600k, 8 GB mem., Win 10 Pro, BIAB 2017; RB 2017 - latest build
Laptop: i5-2410M, 4 GB mem, Win 10 Pro, BIAB 2017; RB 2017 - latest build