Eddie:

I make self-deprecating comments about my jazz guitar playing when compared to Dean on the user showcase.. because I'm not a jazzer. Playing rock n roll guitar is my forte. Everything else (singing, harmonies etc) relies on technology to fill in the gaps. But since starting this goal about 10 years ago (at which time I depended 100% on pitch correction for my vocals) I've found that the practice has made the pitch correction (almost) unnecessary.

As far as range is concerned, I have to transpose just about everything. Every now and then I have to just decide not to do a song because there's no key that works for me. FWIW, Hotel California is not on my "finished" list yet. It could still fall through the cracks.. although I hope not.

Where multiple artists have covered the same song, I named the version I plan to attempt. I have tried to include a lot of chick songs because I'm hoping that if women like my act and show up to hear their favorites, guys will show up too, and I'll get hired again by the venue. That explains some of my schmarmy emotive choices.

Yes, tons of time invested in preparing for this.. at least ten years collecting all the pieces ... studio version, midi files, lyrics, MIDI controllable gear, time invested learning how to use it all, huge investment in making the trax, now the task of putting it all together begins. That's the hard part. Just because I want to doesn't mean I can, and that's part of the reason for starting with over 300 songs. At the end of the day I should be able to find 4 hours worth of do-able material here, even if I have to eliminate 75% of it.

When its ready, I'll post snippets on my GIG SALAD page as sound bytes for potential booking agents to size up my act.