Originally Posted By: floyd jane

that is EXACTLY what I thought as I listened!!

It helps that Avanna has that sort of sound (although less than non-English Vocaloids). laugh

The arrangement and mix are terrific - although the "drop" of the instrument levels was "noticeable".

Thanks for pointing that out. Usually I don't pull the levels down quite so low, but I was worried about intelligibility. I actually went back and re-did all of the vocal tracks to fix a number of intelligibility issues, and I should have re-evaluated the mix a bit better.

Leaving the drums out was an excellent effect.

I'm always pleasantly surprised when doing something as simple as that turns out to be so effective.

Lowering the piano, sounded like..lowering a piano track. Perhaps it would better to drop it, too and let the guitar take that one alone?...

Ooops. I usually try to fade over a bar or two, and bring in something else as well to make the effect less noticeable. Thanks for letting me know the "slight of hand" isn't working!

I really love the piano bits that I let "peek through", but I might have another go at the mix. I was also thinking of another mix I'd done, where I'd stripped it down a tad too much.

This time, I'll keep a backup of the prior session!

One last thing... YOU should be singing your songs. The "girls" are very impressive. But you are better.

Thanks, I'll see what I can do! smile

- David

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?