Originally Posted By: Larry Kehl
Hopefully just because MuseScore is free your aren't trying to justify the use of cracked commercial notation software?

Larry,

No it had nothing to do with MuseScore beïng free. My exercitions started with the 1 month Sibelius trial version because Sibelius did provide "Avid Scorch" the app which can transpose music scores. But some of my collegae musicians have Androïd tablets. They hate iPads, too expensive and too "Apple" controlled. So then in my search I discovered "MuseScore Songbook". That app is available at iPad and Androïd tablets. So now we have a similar platform which could be used by everybody. For that you needed the .mscz format from MuseScore.
Since MuseScore did add the transpose function last december (I also specificly asked them to do so) my interest is shifting towards MuseScore as well. However I like the lay out of .sib in "Avid Scorch" a lot more since you can prepare it in Sibelius. So in fact I hope they will soon provide that app also for Androïd tablets although I doubt it.

Fyi I did buy the full version from BIAB and PDFtoMusic Pro. Nobody does buy a full version notation program for just doïng some experiments and afterwards concluding it didn't be very useful for his purpose. So I might buy it if it suits me when I stay using it. It is not a money issue for me but a "value for money" issue.
The one month trial version Sibelius was too short for all my experiments and so a friend of me provided a cracked version. I better shouldn't have mentioned it, sorry about it. MuseScore is already benifiting from my contributions smile

Rob

Last edited by robvh; 01/09/15 08:33 AM.

Musicians and music publishers are still wasting too much paper...come on men we live in the digitised age...Wake up!