Hi Larry,

Ahhh ... a midi file ... That's probably why what I explained has not worked fully. I made no allowance for a midi file. This is moving into more advanced territory now.

Matt is correct. Piano roll will cater for this. Here's a little more information that might also be useful.

When you import a midi file you can import it to either the Melody track or the Soloist track (those two tracks I've mentioned in an above post).

If the file is recorded on multiple midi channels, the Melody and Soloist tracks become multi-channel midi sequencers and you can use the green Sequencer button (see below) to control those channels.

Depending on how your tango midi file was prepared, it might be that the treble clef is on one channel and the bass clef is on another channel. Once the midi file is loaded, if you open the sequencer button, it will be easy to see this because multiple channels will be listed. If this is the case, it's very easy to disengage the channel you don't want. By loading the midi file into the Melody track and also into the Soloist track, it would be possible to play the different channels independently and you could accomplish what you want.

Below is a link to a short video clip from PG Music on how to use the Sequencer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OejFpi4TjIQ

If, however, the bass and the treble clefs are recorded on a single midi channel then using the Piano Roll to delete the notes would be the quickest way.

Regards,
Noel

Last edited by Noel96; 01/20/15 04:46 AM.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024