To recap my POV.

If you're in it for fun, record your parts and move on...have fun and don't spend the money or the time....go kayaking, skiing, hiking, walk the dog, lay on the beach.... and enjoy life.... and incidentally, you can do both. You can record good tracks, fix them nicely, and still have a great life outside of the studio....they are not mutually exclusive.

If you're interested in this hobby or wish to do this thing at a more professional level, get the tools and learn them, then use them. And most importantly, learn WHEN you need them and when you don't.

At no point in my posts on this.... to my recollection without going back and reading them all again.....have I said to rely totally on the software's best guess. YOU NEED TO USE YOUR EARS and I think I reiterated this at least one time.... possibly more. There are places where you intentionally want to leave the note off pitch and several times as I know I have mentioned that I INTENTIONALLY MOVED a not to be flat by one degree or another....and that was done by EAR.

This is ART.... it's not rocket science.

I still stand by my statement that all vocal tracks can use some fixing one way or another. The important questions are.... do you really want to fix it.... and if that answer is "yes", then, by how much?

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 01/22/15 09:28 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.