Pat came a'calling last Tuesday 2/3/15. We started over breakfast and I was immediately comfortable with him. We talked for a while, then went back to my place. He met my wife Trudy, who is also a musician, and complimented for being (per my description) the perfect woman. Okay, so now they're friends, too. cool

I showed him some of my guitars and my studio. He took pics and perhaps video of me at the console. I surprised and disappointed myself by not being able to find some advanced projects I created in BIAB and am working on in Propellerhead Reason. It didn't even occur to me to look for stuff still in BIAB form. More about that in a moment.

A great serendipity was that a reissue Gretsch Country Gentleman G6122-1962 I had ordered arrived while he was there. He got video of a Very Happy Person accepting and unpacking it, then demonstrating what a Very Rusty Player I am.

Pat left as I was beginning to fade. I work nights and had just finished my shift before breakfast. I wish we could have met longer, but I was just too tired.

Now, here's the really cool thing. Pat, through questioning and by his "mere" presence, has triggered a reawakening. The next day I found all of my BIAB projects on my DAW (funny place for them, don't you think?), and my Reason projects on a laptop I use for business (and had planned on using as a mobile studio). Since then I have been playing daily, listening to my work in BIAB, and thinking musical thoughts I haven't had in a very long time. I wish we had had more time to bounce ideas off each other, or even played together. In short, I was vastly benefited by his visit and left wishing for more.

Pat, I hope to be in future contact with you, you old inspirational genius, you! Please be safe on the rest of your journey.

Richard

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."