Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
This is killer!! As usual, your vocal was a knockout. Like Tom, I was a little hesitant with the "band" choice at first. But it worked perfectly. Love the passion, the attitude, the energy, and the bitter but playful sarcasm. Slam dunk!! Take care. Greg

Greg, thank you. I'm glad the band didn't dissuade you.

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Great song - love the "kick" of this one. Great mix and vocal as well.

Bob

Thanks Bob

Originally Posted By: FredM
Lawrence,

Samba!!! The rythm fits perfectly with the style, and your dark brown voice!
You sing with such an enthousiasm!
Quote Floyd: Great hook!

Fred

Thank you Fred, glad you stopped in for a listen

Originally Posted By: 90 dB
GR-

Love this one. You could take that lyric and put it to a slow raunchy blues and have two cool songs for the price of one!

"Who's gonna wake me, wake me with their scorn"

Great line.

BTW - could your GF have been thinking about Paul Henreid instead of Cary Grant? It's a famous scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-KGiwGn1d8

Regards,

Bob

Bob, I played around with many different styles. When I decided to go the jazz route I feel that I got lucky when I ignored my biases and tried Samba on a lark. Thank you.

and you are absolutely right about Paul Henried, that is the scene!

Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Lawrence.

This one hit me like a breath of fresh air.

A fabulously entertaining song, so well conceived and with an amazingly good vocal.

Loved everything about it.

Never actually got round to smoking - I was always saving for a better guitar. (Still am, in fact.)

ROG.

Rog, A breath of fresh air over a song about cigarettes, that's a good one! lol! glad that you enjoyed it!

Originally Posted By: c_fogle
This one resonated with me because I live on an active tobacco farm and tobacco farming is not as active or lucrative as it once was. Growing up, smoking was always portrayed as cool in the movies. One day it will be there are no more cigarettes to light.

Nice, enjoyable song.

Charlie

Thanks for listening, Charlie.

Originally Posted By: RichMac
Fabulous! You cutting loose on this one Lawrence.
Great voice there. And the backing blend is perfect.
Cheers.

Thank you RichMac!