Originally Posted By: gibson
Tom and Janice,

That is BRILLIANT. Should be the theme song for the coming UK election in May.

But musically that is EXCELLENT. Young Janice sounds good as usual and your voice is up there with hers. Mr Leftwich did a sterling job to compliment the vocals, and sentiment.

Great stuff, thoroughly enjoyed

Alyn

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Wonderful!! Amusing! I got a kick out of the sarcastic humor with a somewhat underlying biting message. Music is sweet and fun-perfect use of RTs along with some equally well-played Tommyad on top. Vocals were excellent by both of you. A real treat!! Take care. Greg

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
I was gonna comment, but y'all stepped on my toes, so I don't care if you know I think the song is awesome or not. ;-)

Seriously, I think the concept is profound, a great idea for a song, and very well developed. The CLARITY really jumped out at me! Which is good, because it made the vocals crystal clear.. which is good because both vocals were very kickin'... which is good because it made an already good song even better!

I think you must have forced Janice into a higher register than usual because her vocals had a completely new sound from what I've become used to. I like it!

on a different note, it's cool that you talked to Mr. Leftwich about his contribution to BIAB, and even cooler that he told you he listens to the forum! That is AWESOME! Tells you a lot about who HE is, and that he cares about music and the grass roots stuff happening here.

You must have a pretty tall stack of successful collaborations by now... I think you can safely add this one to the pile...
wink

Thank y'all so much! As some of you know Bud and I played in a couple of traditional bluegrass bands for many years. When Tom invited me to sing on this it was really exciting to have a chance to sing a high part again. And what a wonderful song to sing on.