I think she swiped those shoes from Bootsy Collins....

In other news.....

A buddy of mine used to DJ for a time. He made more as a DJ than he did as a band.....

In fact, I too did some primitive DJ stuff in my day..... I mixed acoustic sets with spinning some record cuts....and made more doing that than I did in a band. Less gear too.

Is a DJ a musician....? Some probably are, especially the creative ones....... some, probably are not.

What defines a musician anyway? I think maybe.....The ability to coax sounds from inanimate objects? Wood and steel..... cow hides stretched on a ring of wood.... slats of ivory and ebony with mechanical linkages that strike steel strings...... or plastic buttons connected to silicon chips......

What about typing letters into a grid and selecting a style and pressing "play"? Does that qualify one as a musician?

Getting into slippery ground here...... before calling the kettle something or other......hummmmmm

As was pointed out... these things are simply tools....inanimate objects.... it takes the creative mind of the musician to realize the music that hides within each object or tool.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 04/14/15 02:32 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.