Originally Posted By: olemon
Dimension Pro. Do you use Sonar? I've been going back and remixing my songs too.

Love this melody. The mix sounds great to me on my studio monitors. The harmony blend is spot on. And as mentioned, that vocal repeat at the end is very effective.

Well done!

Hi Scott,

I appreciate your comments.

In relation to Dimension Pro, I use it in Reaper. You probably already know this but, just in case you don't... before BIAB introduced RTs (in 2008 if my memory is correct), they were exclusively MIDI and had been for tens of years. As a consequence, BIAB had developed some really great MIDI accompaniment tracks. Those tracks are still available today and, with a good soft synth, they can sound outstanding. I personally find that piano, organ or string tracks from MIDI styles can be quite effective additions to a mix that contains RTs.

As mentioned at the top of the thread, I used the Melodist to create that short flute turn-around. The Melodist and Soloist also work in MIDI and are terrific resources for the songwriter. While there are better soft synths around, Dimension Pro often is all I need.

Once again, thank you for taking time...

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024