BIABguy, yes you're correct. The notation mode uses the staff view while the piano roll uses a keyboard view. If you're more familiar with staff than a piano keyboard you can do what you want in notation it's just that some things are easier in the piano roll but it's not exclusive, the notation will do what you want.

If you can learn what the 12 notes look like on a keyboard, things might be easier because the piano roll is a very nice edit window.

To switch gears a little bit, in this thread I'm trying to keep this subject strictly Biab but actually all this is much easier in Real Band. For example in my detailed example above if I had opened that tune in RB I could have entered just one verse and one bridge then in the Bars window I can re-arrange the whole song if I wanted to. You can also highlight the midi events right in RB's track view and copy and paste all you want, very easy. Can't do that in Biab. But since so many people only use Biab and never seem to even look at RB I decided after all these years to try this strictly in Biab just so I can answer questions about it.

Usually I would answer questions of this type by saying forget Biab, move it to RB but that's not really answering the questions. So, I did it in Biab but it wasn't easy. I could have had this whole thing done in 30 minutes in RB instead of the couple of hours futzing in Biab.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.