I did get off topic from your original question. Lets talk about Mercy, Mercy. I've done that tune since it was a hit. This is a perfect example of how Biab is not good for creating exact covers of one particular tune. It's an auto-accompaniment program designed to create backing tracks for you to play or sing with. The term "backing tracks" means just that, it does not create exact parts taken from one song. However...

Biab has many cool things but they require some musical knowledge from you. One is Acidized loops. Lots of popular songs have repeating phrases. Those are perfect for loops. Check out the Using Loops video.

Another thing was mentioned above, creating your own midi part and then freezing the track. That's how you would do that piano rhythm in Mercy for example and that specific bass part too. If you can't play the part yourself and you can't read the piano notes that would be difficult but all's not lost. You can probably find a midi file of that tune somewhere on internet and use that. I do that that all the time but in RB not Biab.

In RB you simply open the midi file, you see all the parts right in front of you with all the tracks right there. Mute what you don't need and keep the parts you do. You can then add Real Instruments where they fit.

Another thing. Again, using RB you can really cheat and use an actual audio recording of the song and sample parts of it to create a loop. Say you find a 2 or 4 bar section of a nice rhythmic vamp that is what you're looking for. Cut that 4 bars from the audio track, paste it into it's own separate track and build the song from that. There are many ways to do this.

Of course what we all want is for Biab to be able to read our minds, understand that we want a killer cover of whatever tune it is and produce it perfectly. Alas, there's all kinds of technical issues (not to mention legal issues) involved with that...

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.