Hi Tobias.

It's certainly a good idea to have some form of compression before the audio hits the recording, both for clarity and as a safeguard against overload. I would suggest a limiter, rather than a compressor - the PG Peak Limit would be as good as anything and it's already on the system. Here's how to set it up.

Firstly, you'll need to be using ASIO drivers. If you're not using them already, then ASIO4ALL usually works well with Powertracks and you can download them from their website. Get back to me if you need help installing them.

With ASIO running, click on the DXi button on the toolbar. Click in the TRACK slot at the top of the window and scroll down until you see INPUT MONITOR INSERT right at the bottom and select it. In the first plug-in slot select the PG PEAK LIMIT.

Now click on the button for AUDIO PREFERENCES and in the top right of that window tick the boxes for ENABLE INPUT MONITORING and ALLOW IM EFFECTS RECORDING.

You're now set up to record through the PEAK LIMIT plug-in. I suggest you set the output gain to -2 to give you some headroom and adjust the input gain to suit the strength of the incoming signal.

One final thing - problems have been reported with this facility. It's a small number of cases and it seems to depend on a combination of hardware and software. Hopefully you will be OK.

If you need any more help, just get back to me.

Good luck, ROG.

EDIT - Works the same for both those versions of PT and RB, but I would choose PT as it loads faster and has fewer things which you don't need.

Last edited by ROG; 08/30/15 10:41 PM.