Trapper,

TAXI does a live show about once a week or so that you can watch for free. Watch the ones with Robin Frederick - she literally wrote the best selling book of all time on songwriting. (And just so you know in her book she recommends BIAB.) She also wrote the first definitve book on tv/film songwriting. Watch the videos with Jason Blume and the ones with Suzan Koc. The one with Kara DioGuardi. Rob Chiarelli. Too many good ones to mention. It's a great show. Michael is quite informative and entertaining all on his own. He didn't engineer gold records or build TAXI by being a duffuss or a con artist. These are big time major leaguers sharing their knowledge. There are also videos about what new members can expect, videos with members, videos with screeners, videos to teach you different genres. Watch them when you have 90 mins to spare, then decide for yourself.

Here's the youtube link for TAXI TV Live videos. Click the "more" button at the bottom for more videos. You can also watch on ustream live and see the chatroom but I like the youtube videos because I'm not available when it's live from LA. It'll usually be on youtube by the next day.
https://www.youtube.com/user/taximusic/videos

I am not a member but Ian was. Ian was also a former forum member here who passed away suddenly. (God rest his soul. I still think of him and miss him very much.) Anyway Ian was a member of TAXI. He told me that he absolutely loved it and it made him a stronger songwriter. He had renewed for another year when that terrible accident took his life.

BTW, the LA workshop that comes free with membership - that alone would cost as much as the yearly membership when compared with most other big name workshops. Out of my budget at the moment to fly across country but great deal for those who can afford the airfare, meals and lodging.