Thanks for the plug Pat.

So the Streetjelly meetup is over and we really enjoyed meeting all the people face to face. They all made us feel very welcome. I saw Eddie and Danny out of the corner of my eye at the show and I know that Pat and Donald also tuned in.
It was great to hear Frankie's story. I think he is on the verge of something big because a whole lot of new successful, seasoned online performers have arrived on the site. I will post a separate thread about that.

Our trip from Oklahoma was not TOO bad but I must say that the Interstate is an experience! All those trucks are quite intimidating when you are not used to it. We had planned to get to Memphis from Okmulgee on Wednesday but after getting decidedly dizzy on the I40 we took a right turn and found the most beautiful camp spot at the Mississippi State Park. We shocked a few American campers when we changed into our swimming cozies and jumped in the dam. They said the waters were “alligator infested” but we said we face much more interesting challenges than that everyday just surviving in South Africa.

On the Thursday we decided to instruct our GPS to avoid the highways and made our way into Tennessee and after half a day’s driving we realized that we hadn’t actually made much progress at all. So we only made it to a camp site at Pickwick Dam, somewhere near Savannah, but would have liked to have travelled much further. We would also have liked to have a glass of red wine around our camp fire but soon discovered we were in a “dry county”. What a thing to have!

We arrived in Sevierville very late for our four o’clock rendezvous time with Pat. We had not realized that the time had now moved forward an hour. Pat treated us to a lovely dinner and we managed to have a nice glass of red wine at last. It was really nice to catch up.

Saturday we went to the Streetjelly meetup, which was just across the road from our motel. Today (Sunday) we are going to head off into the Great Smokey Mountains and do a bit of exploring and then probably fly out of Charlotte or Atlanta on Wednesday.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/