What an interesting mix of skills we all have.

I'm a trombone player, but I learned in a British tradition brass band, so the 'bone was notated in transposed treble, all same as a trumpet or sax.

I first saw bass clef, and then had to learn it, when I was around 40. That was a new experience smile

So these days I have what I call a "B flat head" - when I see a "C" on the second space, to me it is a "D" in 6th position instead of a "C" in 6th position, 'cos that's the way I fly.

Still, it has it's advantages: I learned to sight transpose Concert treble fairly early on, and concert Tenor clef is just like reading Bb transposed treble, you just add 2 sharps, add the bass clef I now read and then to make life interesting, if you read an Eb transposed treble chart you can read it as bass clef, just add 3 flats. All good.

...but, my greatest satisfaction came about when I finally started learning how to improvise - this will be a journey that will take the rest of my life and I will enjoy every step. I am unable to do the listening I really should as a wannabe jazz musician, but I do what I can and accept that the journey will be slower. That's all good too, 'cos perhaps it will help me live longer wink

--=-- My credo: If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing - just ask my missus, she'll tell ya laugh --=--
You're only paranoid if you're wrong!