Yes, the wave files in a play list was what I was doing before I realised I could use midi cc and patch changes. Hopefully, they will become merely a backup.

I'll have a look at a USB foot switch eventually. HK is the land of cheap computer peripherals. grin

I have a very strange situation happening now with my midi program changes and cc messages. I have one file made from putting a few chords into a BIAB style just with midi sounds and no real tracks that works fine changing patches and effects within patches on both units, but... no other songs work. None of my actual backing tracks.

I don't think it's a global setting as the file still works in BIAB. It could be a song setting that I have switched on somewhere in every song except that one or it could be the fact that I'm only using Realtracks within BIAB.

Does it matter which track I add the midi commands to? I've been using the melody track mainly as it's empty. Does the track have to be told specifically to use midi? I noticed that the Realtracks I've used so far have midi Realcharts attached. Should I somehow zap them? Any ideas gratefully received. Puzzled.

Windows 10 Home 20H2 Build 19042.487
BIAB 2021 (Build 818)
Intel(R) Core(TM), i3-4160, CPU @3.60 GHz RAM 16 GB, 64 Bit X64-based processor
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic