I've used both Powertracks and Realband live. I guess I'm lucky.

We've controlled lights, patch changes for keyboards and guitar, a click track and a few samples, etc.
We had a full band so RB just handled the 'extra' objects needed like the above and a few audio tracks we had (on the CD) that we didn't have enough people to cover. For instance when live I was playing either keyboard, guitar or bass on a given song, but never 2 of the three at the same time (grin)
.. for some reason I don't seem to have the troubles some do with RB.

More often I give it a much harder job; recording 8 tracks at a time while supplying click and any previously recorded MIDI and audio tracks on various outputs.
Using it in the studio is much more demanding here than playing out. During performance it's just reading/sending out. In the studio it is doing all that plus routing inputs and writing the incoming tracks. Plus, if I were to use it for such, I would hard write the tracks and remove all plugins for the performance version of the seq file. I'm not gonna be generating on stage, or tinkering with plugins, so may as well just hard write them and remove any possible glitch and reduce resource use.
work smarter not harder type of thing

Last edited by rharv; 12/15/15 01:55 PM.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome