Getting started...

1. Load the SFZ+ DXi or VST in your host program.

2. Once loaded, left click on the area show below.

2. Now navigate to the directory where you have sf2 files stored and select one. I'm going to select the "accordion" just as an example.

3. The accordion will now appear as a file in the window you clicked on to start.

4. Some sf2 files will have multiple instrumental choices, some will only have one. To access any choices that are available (if they exist), click on the arrowhead beside the word "Program".

5. A dropdown menu of choices will open. Select one from the list (if there is more than one).

6. Now set the midi channel that you want SFZ to play the midi on by clicking on the arrowhead beside "Channel". For example, if SFZ is loaded in the Piano slot in BIAB (immediately below the bass), SFZ will need to be set to midi channel 3 since BIAB sets the the Piano track to midi channel 3

Click ok and exit.

You should be able to get a sound now if you play the midi file.

Hopefully this will get you going so that you can experiment. As I said initially, to get 16 channels playing back, my understanding is that you'll need to have 16 lots of SFZ set up. I stand to be corrected on this.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024