Quote:

Hi all,

Good thread. I have always wondered about the huge market for BIAB lurking in the background. I think it would be to great if Peter hired some "experts" to shop BIAB to all the College's & Music schools around the country. The only reason why BIAB has not caught on more is that most schools have very little idea how the program works, much less how it could benefit students. Sibelius has a HUGE investment in education, thus it has far surpassed Finale in most music schools. Heck, I would be honored to travel around preaching the PG programs, I know that many schools would pick it up in a flash. I have yet to see a musician here who isn't totally blown away by the sound of Real Tracks, by the time I show them the Lead Sheet printouts, they are more than sold.

Ed

I feel that the younger generation for the most part would not be interested in the sounds that biab makes, to them it would probably sound so out of date and not with it. Probably they are into all kinds of loop type music. Probably the ear training and a few other things in biab would help them and might hold their attention.

I am not even sure if PG is even trying to convert the younger generation to biab or real band as the main introductory video for real band plays around with the song "will the circle be unbroken" in a bluegrass style. I feel that most modern teenagers seeing that would think it’s not cool.

For us older lot it’s a different story, it’s our most loved software program.
Long may biab reign.

Paddy

Last edited by pwhack; 08/19/09 04:01 PM.

Paddy McGurk,
Liverpool,
Don't mention the Beatles!!