Originally Posted By: MarioD
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
Well, I would say you have it backwards. Go onto your DAW's forum and ask them why can't they be a slave to Biab's host?

My point is DAW's along with Biab have always been master host programs. They're not designed to be slaves.

Bob

Baloney!:) there is no need to ask a DAW to support my Kontakt instrument library because it is already designed to a standard! if PG designed the RealTracks to be a VSTi it would become something universal that would work with any DAW!

This is a brilliant idea! RTs could become as universal as MIDI and I would expect that PGMusic's sales would skyrocket!

Actually if they could produce a VSTi RT player where one would input the chords and it would generate RTs they could sell it as a separate product.

In my opinion PG has one HUGE challenge and one HUGE opportunity!

The challenge is converting decades old code to something with a modern GUI abnd 64 bit. It will almost certainly require a major rewrite in logic, code, GUI, etc. Even if they accomplish this they only end up with version X of BIAB.

The opportunity is to build a VSTi version of BIAB! This would also require a large effort but they could leave out a ton a legacy features and functionality that would not be needed in a VSTi. If I could add BIAB RealTracks to individual tracks in my DAW...man oh man that would be heaven! In the pop up VSTi window there would be the ability to select a RealTrack instrument and enter chords in bars and generate/regenerate on command. Maybe the BIAB track(s) could even display chords in my DAW to serve as the "guide" track for the whole song!

This would be so cool and would instantly open up an enormous new market for PG! And they could continue selling the regular BIAB for those who love the classic interface!