Quote:

I need a great sounding VST that recognizes GM and will load patches automatically, but also sounds as good as the Keytron SD2 or better.

This has been the holy grail for years and I don't think it exists. The problem is GM and loading the patches automatically. Really pro sounding softsynths don't use GM at all and the few that include a GM bank like my Emulator X sounds terrible. Before the SD2 came out, Mac had good success loading in his very expensive Gigasamples into the basic Forte player that most of us have but you need to be Mac to do it. Kinda tricky to set that all up. And, it only worked for him because he already had those Gigasamples. That library costs as much as a high end keyboard. All the big name softsynth/sampler developers feel GM is too restrictive regarding midi implementation and it's basically for amateurs. This is why when the Ketron and the Roland Sonic Cell came out a two years ago they created a sensation for us GM users because their GM banks sound pretty good and they also have a bunch of great sounding higher banks if you want to use them. Afaik, the only good sounding GM soundbanks are in hardware synths either modules or keyboards that cost over $2,000. Soundfonts are ok but they're not in the same league as the SD2.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.